Whats with Maxtor hard drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arumuni

In Runtime
Alright. I dont get it. What is wrong with Maxtor HD's? Everyone is telling me not to get one. However, i found a place (tiger direct) where they have a sale on them 40 bucks off. It used to be 120, but not its only 80 for a 160gb HD. Please someone tlel me what is the big deal? A HD is a HD! If they werent reliable im sure they wouldnt be in the mass market!

oh, sorry, i didnt see that.

Maxtor drives always seem to go bad and arent dependable. I would go wioth Western Digital or Seagate.

yea and 80$ isnt the greatest price for that i would just go with 120gb hard drive 160's are rips u only get like 121 gb's out of um

I haven't had many problems from my maxtors other than the fact that they corrupt easily and there LOUD when reading/writing data, especialy lots of data. But they do get close to what they advertise. My 80gb maxtor gives me 80.1 GB of space and my 40GB drive gives me 39.7 GB of space.

Heyyo,

Yeah, maxtor's are hit-or-miss HD's. You either get a good one that's dependable, or your luck dies along with the HD not much after you get it. If you want a pretty much guaranteed stable HD go for WD or Seagate. Cause yeah, there's a hand full of reliable Maxtors out there. I have one that's 80GB's and 3 years old and it's still kicking. ;)

My first maxtor hd died, but that was my fault, used the wrong kindof ram.. stupid compaq and their pariatery ram... thank god they stopped that.. or so I hope for the sake of computing.

ive got a maxtor in one of my systems. no problems except when i burnt it up on my own(long story). but my wd is definetly quiter than my maxtor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom