Why?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheyCallmeBob

Baseband Member
Ok well this is really pissing me off right now. I just got my computer up and running and every like 5-10 minutes of playing counter strike my computer just shuts down and all i see is a black screen... But my comp is still running. Whats wrong? :mad:

did u buy that computer pre-assembled or did u build it, if u built it did u overclock it at all? does it just shut down or does it freeze and sit there?

Umm I built it my self and I did overclock. But I pulled the motherboard battery out and reset everything and it still does the same thing.

Have a look at my troubleshooting guide at the top of the Hardware Zone. Although it is for Random Reboots, all the same applies here.

Is it possible the Video Card has a Auto Shut off feature to prevent heat/voltage damage? And it may be possible the CPU is overheating a lot and the motherboard is forcing a shut down to protect it self and the CPU. All would possibly result in a blank screen. But the CPU overheating would shut the entire machine off.

Your motherboard should have came with some software for you to install that monitors the temps of the CPU and System or Northbridge chipsit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom