Finding Earlier Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grill

Baseband Member
Hi and hope everyone had a good Christmas,
I received a DVD writer as a gift. While trying to install the software, it gives me the message can not install because an earlier version of CD Creator is on the computer. I had tried removing the program through the add or remove programs in the control panel. And I'm running XP Pro, by the way but it couldn't uninstall because of a missing file.
So where can I go in the registry to get all traces of this earlier version off so the new one will install? Or if there is another way I'm open to that also.
Thanks for any help,
Grill

The easiest way to fix your problem is to re-install the "older" version of the software and then completely uninstall it again. After this, install the newer version of the software that you have.
It sounds like the older version was once installed and then some of the executables associated with the application were removed.

-Mike

BTW....if you do not have the older version of the software anymore, you should be able to download a trial version of the software and then use this.

That did it:D
Thanks, as usual I was trying to make something more complicated that it needed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom