Parts to NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Ectiva 5.1 sound cards are horrible. tried playing cs with one, and the sound was really bad. the sound lagged, and sort of echoed.
I got my Audigy LS, and sound is much better.

nowadays the onboard sound that comes with motherboards is sometimes better than alot of the cards available to you. If you have a new board, try the onboard sound, you could very well be quite please with the results.

Any computer from Sony. They make all their ******* parts in some foreign country so you can't go out and buy the parts, you gotta spend 3x more money to buy the one that works on your computer.

p0werslave said:
anything from rosewill is pretty much crap, especially their cheap cases.

I disagree. They make good and stable power supplys that are cheap and great cases. I have the rosewill tu-155 case and it is awesome. It is great quaility and the psu is rock sollid.

Sevoma said:
I disagree. They make good and stable power supplys that are cheap and great cases. I have the rosewill tu-155 case and it is awesome. It is great quaility and the psu is rock sollid.

Do you work for Rosewell?

They must, Rosewill is horrible. My friends brother got a Rosewill. Almost as soon as he plugged it into his new 6600GT (by eVGA) it fried. Somehow managed to not harm anything in the computer other than the PSU. How odd. I have to give them that, when they fry they only fry the PSU. Good work on sucking, Rosewill.

reptromiki said:
Any computer from Sony. They make all their ******* parts in some foreign country so you can't go out and buy the parts, you gotta spend 3x more money to buy the one that works on your computer.

I have to agree with this one. My dad bought a brand new vaio when they first came out. It was still under warranty... except for the lcd display... They made him pay $50 - shipping there and back - up front. Then they told him that it would be like $300 to replace the display. Needless to say, he dumped them and returned to Toshiba.
I don't know about quality, but there policies are terrible.. I avoid Sony altogether.

drworm2005 said:
is'nt Lite-On made bysome big company like pioneer or sony or one of those, the only drives i have had are Lite-On's and i don't see a problem with them. I've had no issues at all with them and i haven't even upgraded the firmware.

Drworm2005.

Nope, they make their own junk.

http://www.liteon.com/about/getStrategyList.do?xml_id=1_4

I have a super fast and super cheap Lite-on CD burner that I haven't had any problems with yet. But, its only about a year old.

drworm2005 said:
is'nt Lite-On made bysome big company like pioneer or sony or one of those, the only drives i have had are Lite-On's and i don't see a problem with them. I've had no issues at all with them and i haven't even upgraded the firmware.

Drworm2005.

Smiles is right, and you have it backwards. Alot of times, big companies like Pioneer and Sony take those Lite-On's and prepackage them into their own boxes and sell them as a mark up. Lite-on dosent care, the more people that buy Sony, will inherently be buying Lite-On. That is probably the best they can hope for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom