What is wrong???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumdum8684

In Runtime
Ok I've had this problem on and off since I got my PC...I'm not sure what it is anymore. Bad memory, low vcore voltage, to fast timings, bad video card.

Ok here is my problem 95% of the time this problem happens I am playing a newer game that has fairly good graphics (C&C: Generals, Farcry, etc). The other 5% is just random but I think might be related. Anyway I will just be sitting playing a game and the BSOD pops up. The message is never the same but the error code is. 0x00000008e i think. Not sure on the number of 0's but you get the point. I increased the vcore on my mb a while ago and it seemed to help. I also had to manually put in the memory timings. I have 2x512 Kingston HyperX chips that are supposed to be 2-3-2-6 timing. but the board made it 2-3-3-8 or somthing like that. I don't think that it is bad memory cause i ran memtest overnight and it didn't have any errors. If someone could help me and at least let me know what the heck is wrong with my computer.

Thanks
-Aaron

Just a guess, maybe it's overheating because of the amount of stress the games put onto the processor/video card/memory/whatever.

Now that i look at your sig and your video card, if it BSOD's regularly when playing FarCry (especially), then you might need a better video card for FarCry on high graphics settings. That game is really demanding of your video card, so i'm thinking your video card becomes under too much stress, so it BSOD's to protect your video card from frying.

i did run memtest and it was fine. the temps are if i remember right. 50-55 idle and ~60 max if i'm playing a game or something. My sig isn't completely acurate because i never got the Aero 7+. I got a cheap C/A heatsink and fan. Long story...not to happy about it. I need to get a new fan/heatsink. I'm not running farcry on high...i run it on med. It is what the game thought was the best. I think i'm going to start a new post on what is a good fan/heatsink...

Before you start a new thread, search. I'm sure you can find TONS of info on fans/heatsinks here.

dont cheap out AGIN man get a nice one and dont worry about it! and u shoulda prolly saved up a lil more for that video card!!

I'm not looking for a nice video card. I didn't want to spend 300 dollars on the ATI 9800 or nVidia equivalent when i purchased my computer. I agree tho that the video card is the only thing that i didn't get top of the line.

Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom