What to do? Any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok, i've just found a buyer for my Gaming PC. We've agreed on a price and he's come over friday to pick it up. (friend of mine)

So here's the question: I'm planning on building a new Gaming PC, but i'm not sure what to go with.

Should I go with the FX-57 or the X2 4800+?
- Obviously right now the benchmarks for gaming would be higher for the FX-57. But, in time games will start supporting dual cores.
FX-57 would be better now, but the X2 4800+ would be future proof.

I'm really in no rush to build this because i've got another PC that will get me by in the gaming department. I'm also going to wait until the X900's come out and see how they are. Then decide weither i should go SLI or Crossfire...

So which should I consider, FX_57 or X2 4800+?

personally I'd go with the X2 4800+
the performance difference between it and the FX-57 in single threading is not much. however in multitasking, the X2 4800+ takes it to school

apokalipse said:
personally I'd go with the X2 4800+
the performance difference between it and the FX-57 in single threading is not much. however in multitasking, the X2 4800+ takes it to school

Yeah, the benchmarks of the multimedia side of the X2 4800+ are better then anything else on the market. But, I really wanna see how it performs over the FX-57 with a game that supports dual cores. I don't know, it's tempting... they are both around the same price.

Very soon they will be making games that are optimized for multi core/cpu computer platforms....... Just keep that in mind.

yea when games start supporting multi core, and you have a X2 4800+... wow.

apokalipse said:
I still say 4800+
when the FX-57 wins, it's not really by much.
when the 4800+ wins, it often gets around twice the performance

True. I think I might just wait a few months and see how everything plays out. Although... it will be a serious test of my patients because I know i'll have the money to buy the parts and i'm excited to build my new beast....

I also wanna pick up a killer case... But, i'm not sure which one.
The PC i'm selling has a ThermalTake Shark case, which i love, but i wanna go with something different this time.

What do you think about a case apokalipse?

Ok. my friend just left. He bought my gaming PC and paid all in CASH!!! WooHoo...

No i'm figuring that i'll need to kick in may-be $500.00 or so to get this parts of this and begin my build. I'm probably gonna wait a month or so...

Anyone have any ideas for a kickin' case? NO PSU.
Thanks

Dude, don't you already have some leet FX-55 dual 6800 Ultra computer? PLEASE don't tell me you're selling that and replacing it with an FX-57

gaara said:
Dude, don't you already have some leet FX-55 dual 6800 Ultra computer? PLEASE don't tell me you're selling that and replacing it with an FX-57

LOL - Yeah, It just walked out my front door about an hour ago.
It was a great PC, but I really enjoy building them and want to top it. I'm trying to decide if i want to go X2 4800+ or FX57. I think i'm leaning more towards X2 4800+ & this time i might consider Crossfire. I've got the money now and it's just a matter of time to see what plays out in technology in the next few months.

This one should last me for awhile, that is until better things come out and I sell it and build a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom