Overclocking Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprooty

Daemon Poster
Hey guys.

I have just started overclocking my 3.2Ghz, right now im up to 3.45Ghz and the temperature has only gone up 2c to around 37c.

Is the temperature the only thing i should worry about when overclocking? because i rekon i could hit 3.7Ghz and have a sub 50 temp.

Ya, just make sure it is stable in SuperPI with the 32M calculation. Right now I think I am overclocked as far as it will go with my ram running at 1:1 with the HTT...

Moved to overclocking

Once you start to raise the vcore you will start to notice your temperature rise fairly quickly. Remember to adjust your RAM accordingly, and test for stability in prime95

yeah sorry bout that did'ne notice the overclocking forum :p my faourites go stright to hardware forums.

Sprooty said:
SuperPI and 32MB Calcutation??

i dont know what either of thoses are or do.
http://superpi.radeonx.com/

Download it and run the 32 million test (M stood for million!). It makes the CPU calculate PI to 32 million digits, and if it completes successfully (takes about a half hour on my PC) your overclock is OK. If it gives you an error, you either need to lower the speed, increase the voltage or give the cpu better cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom