cannot log in, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddhatter20

Beta member
my wife has an issue where her computer just randomly stopped working.

when i power it on, it will appear to be booting properly, and once i get to the "Welcome" screen in Windows XP home edition, it does not show her 2 accounts that are loaded in Windows. it simply says "welcome" and that's it. so i tried to boot into safe mode, and it does the same thing. if i press CTRL + ALT + DEL twice it will come up with a log in box, with her full name for the username field, and then an empty password space. i have tried all kinds of passwords, and cannot get into her computer.

help! we are trying to avoid reformatting the hard drive!

did yall set an admin password?, if so try putting Administrator(sp?) and typing in the password ...

They could be many things that happened. Did you use a firewall when on the internet, were your virus definations up to date. It kinda sounds like your computer was hacked and they changed/made passwords for the account. You could always look in some other forums they do have some that talk about restoring passwords. They might help

me and log in problems have never actually met ... so im not sure what ur dealing with ... thats just what id try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom