problems w/ windows media player 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike11973

In Runtime
please help...i am running xp home edition on my laptop w/ windows media player 9....the issue is...everytime i go to view steaming video...the media player and explorer closes unexpectedly...i am not able to resolve the issue.
i have all updates from windows
i have tried error checking after rebooting w/ no success
i have tried redownloading media player w/ no success
the laptop is a gateway solo
1.33 ghz celeron
256 mb ram

Plz go to ur control panel->add/remove programms-check how many winxp-Hot fixes do u have installed.
Remove all(system rebootes each time uninstall single hotfix)
This works -TESTED

thanks

i started to look at this but i keep getting a message saying that certain programs may not work....should i still go ahead and remove all of them but one and also does it matter which one i leave on?

check your event logs, it should give you an application error, find it and look it up. it will tell you how to fix it...usually lol

it does not give a reply...even if i just have windows media player running and attempt to play any movie trailer it just closes....when it and explorer are running i get the same result...i checked the event log but cant find any messages that i can identify as being to that....what in the event log should i be looking for?....also i uninstalled all of the xp hotfixes except for the wormblaster one and still have the problem....any solutions or do i need to blow the drive and do a fresh install which would be the last thing i would like to do...what about upgrading it to xp pro w/ my disk...will that resolve the issue...any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom