Dual Channel Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzi9mm

Fully Optimized
I ran PCmark 04 after just getting my new stick of 512mb.... Now i have 2 sticks of Mushkin 512mb PC-3200 in DC.

I scored lower on the PCmark04 than before I added the ram:mad:

I went into CPU-Z and noticed this.

(what does performance mode mean, and how do I enable it??)
19314494271.jpg

(Also why are the timing and clock speed on the 1st stick correct, and on the 2nd they are off?)

19314493450.jpg

Well there is not setting for DC. But when I booted up it said : Memory running in Dual Channel Mode.

My board automatically enabled DC if the sticks are in the proper slots.

EDIT: I ran the everest benchmarking software for memory read.
I got 4988mb/sec. So I must be running in dual channel....

it says he's in dual channel mode already...the only thing it's showing is that 'performance mode' is disabled, which I don't know about that option, nor do I think I have it.

That one tab you're on is the SPD tables dude.

That's like a BIOS for the RAM that tells it at what timings to run at depending on the speed.....the timings for that 2nd stick when having to run PC3200 speeds SUCKS, but it's forcing that other stick to run looser so the other one can infact run.

That SPD table can just be read on some memory modules...it doesn't at all have any impact on what they are actually running at.

It merely says "if you were to underclock this RAM to PC2700 it'd run at 2.5-3-3-7, if at PC3200 it'd run at 2.5-4-4-8" whereas the other stick of RAM only has info for running at PC3200

So I take it that my Dual Channel setup is running the way it should?

But anyways I am a noob when it comes to RAM latency timing and stuff like that........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom