ATI 9800pro VERY low fps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah ur CPU is pretty shitty. U should think about buying a Athlon 64 3000+ as a good CPU. XP arent that good. Their bus speeds compared to the 64 is around...3 times less. That could make a differrence. Also, ram is somewhat cheap, and it usually makes quite the difference. :cool:

Well I don't have a lot of options in BIOS, my max AGP setting is 4x, no option for fastwrites and my agp aperture size is at 128mb. I'm guessing my problem most likely resides within the fact that my motherboard was just an average board 2-3 years ago and an inadequate power supply. But maybe there's something more to it?

Tecknoholic said:
Oh and my FSB (FrontSideBus) is a whopping 133mhz...that can't help.

..WOW....:eek:

...Thats bad.......like....REALLY bad...witha 64 3000+ u can get like 2000mhz. :cool:

Yeah I'm thinking of buying a new mobo, saw some great deals on ebay. But would something like the FSB affect Frame Rates that much? I guess it would make sense because I certaintly don't believe that this graphics card would suck that bad :<
2000mhz O_________________O

Yeah it can. GREATLY. CPU right now should be ur main priority as of now. Regardless of what else u get, if ur still gonna stick with that piecacrap (no offense:eek: ) then it wont make a difference. Why? Well because the 9800 pro 128mb card is right now a good card. it shoudl be able to run game very effeciently.

Alright that makes sense. I guess I thought sprinkling sugar on monkey $h!t made it chocolate, but only a new cpu/mobo can do that apparently.:( Well guys thanks for all your help!

plz make sure u know EXACTLY what socket yer mobo is before u buy one..or you'll be crying yourself to sleep.

is it Socket A

or
939?

and while your at it...a new PSU wouldn't hurt...but don't cheap out on that part....either..get a good reliable one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom