PSU or Motherboard? OR both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconboy007

Beta member
Hi, I hope someone can shed a little light on this problem. I built my own system over the weekend and was very happy that it started up and was able to load my games, software etc. After 2 days I came to turn it on and as soon as I pushed the power button I heard a pop noise from the rear of the computer and nothing appeared on the screen. PSU, Graphics and motherboard fans are all spinning round fine. I have power to my CD Rom etc. Does anybody know what may be the problem?

I have an Asus A8N Sli with AMD 3500 CPU. I have a XG Viper case and it came with a 500W PSU.

Any ideas would be great. Thanks

Power supply may have went. Just because fans spin dont mean anything. Hook up another one that is known good to rule it out. Thats where I would start.

Thanks, I will try and get hold of another PSU and see what happens from there? Is there any chance of the motherboard or CPU being damaged?

I know its not something you want to hear but there is always that possibility. If the PSU went, it could of taken other components with it. I'm sure it will be fine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom