OCing Memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

majistic

Daemon Poster
Due to the extreme speed of these modules along with the added voltages used, Mushkin requires end users to actively cool their memory modules. Modules that are not properly cooled will/may not meet rated timings and speeds, and may become susceptible to premature failure. We generally recommend 15-25cfm of direct airflow over the ram modules which can be easily accomplished with one 60mm or 80mm low rpm fan. This will insure increased stability and lifespan of your Redline modules.

-From LegitReviews.com

(for newer memory modules that are being OCed)

besides without AC anyways you won't be able to reach the desired timings and speeds.

if u just raise the FSB u also speed up the ram i beleive so im not gonna mess with my ram timings just FSB keep it ez and simple

if u just raise the FSB u also speed up the ram i beleive so im not gonna mess with my ram timings just FSB keep it ez and simple
Dude, increasing the FSB is the only way of increasing the RAM speed. The timings are just cycles your memory take and don't control increases/decreases in memory speed. You have to loosen with your RAM timings otherwise they are going to hit a wall pretty damn fast.

Anyways, if you're overclocking RAM I'd suggest actively cooling it regardless of whether you're using BH-5s or not. Better stability and a smaller chance of your RAM frying/erroring on you. With BH-5s though it's obviously a neccesity since 3.5v will get the RAM hot.

Yeah, do you think AC with an 80mm fan blowing about 28-30CFM is good enough ?

Mmmhmm.

I even have my board flipped over and in BTX position so the memory is closer to the bottom cooler air.

Ah, I think that I will just put that 80mm fan blowing on my RAM... I am going this weekend to get my case, PSU and fans....yay ! then the building begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom