My Comp parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
evga, msi, or gigabyte in no particular order. PCI-E if you want to "future proof" yourself as PCI-E is the future to video cards.

The_Mard:

What are your computer specs. I see your posts around and you dont seem to know what you are talking about. Please dont post unless u know what you are talking about.

TY

The most i can find is 2.4ghz and thats a
Athlon 64 3800+ Venice
for 373$$\

So is the 2.0ghz in an AMD chip the same as a 3.0 in a P4 or what?

3800 is equivalent to a p4 3.8 ghz. Clock speed doesnt mean anything (to a certain extent) with processors, but how it performs. Imagine 10 bricks that need to be put from 1 side to the other. AMD will take 5 bricks in 2 trips. Intel will take 2 bricks in 5 trips. Intel runs things faster and AMD runs in bulk. 2 different ways to accomplish the same task in the same time. Got me?

Heyyo,

what? lol, dude, when did I say the 9800 Pro was stronger than the 6600gt? when? point to me where in this thread did I say those magical words. I know the 6600GT is a stronger card. It was originally intended for those who wanted high quality gaming but not too heavy of a price. But for some onna tight budget the 9800 Pro is more appealing cause the 6600GT is still quite pricey. He said he was gonna get the 256MB edition, I said save some cash by getting the 128MB edition since the preformance gain on the 256MB version is barely any. Plus I also mentioned if he can to get the r360 core instead of the r350 core cause the r360 core will outpreform the r350 core. Obivously I don't know what I'm talking about eh? :p

Now, not to offend, but on another thread you told a dude to reformat his whole HD cause of some video drivers. This is a simple fix that you can uninstall the vid drivers he has in safe mode, and then install proper ones after rebooting in normal mode and letting windows xp finish installing basic drivers. (I say this cause it's safer to wait this out instead of trying to write 2 videocard driver files at once). Plus, the dude on that thread showed he had an ATI vidcard (the x800) and he installed nvidia drivers probably thinking it was an nividia card he bought, which explains why it probably failed to initialize. Simple swap of drivers man.

So yes, you gotta read more thuroughly man. Once again, quick recap, I never said the 9800 Pro is the stronger of the 2 vidcards. I was just giving him suggestions to help suit what his current aims are for, and fine tune them to help him get the best preformance for his price range. That's all man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom