Which graphics card vendor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

demoniac19

Beta member
Hi, I am looking for a new graphics card, and wanted to know which vendor people recommended out of the following.

- ASUS
- BFG
- eVGA
- GIGA-BYTE
- Leadtek
- MSI
- PNY
- XFX

Also mention if you know of a better one which I have missed.

:)

XFX is good, but they often aren't working straight out of the box.

BFG is very good. Their stock is overclocked among the other brands.

Your best reliability bet would probably be eVGA.

Leadtek seems to very solid and popular.

demoniac19 said:
Hi, I am looking for a new graphics card, and wanted to know which vendor people recommended out of the following.

- ASUS
- BFG
- eVGA
- GIGA-BYTE
- Leadtek
- MSI
- PNY
- XFX

Also mention if you know of a better one which I have missed.

:)

ASUS - Lies about their specs
BFG - Overpriced
eVGA - Very good
Gigabyte - Not sure
Leadtek - Very good
MSI - I've read some good reviews on it
PNY - Ok I guess
XFX - Try to avoid this brand, they have very bad coolers on them

Umm to be honest?

I'd say don't go for BFG they cost too much, because they're pre-overclocked!

eVGA look okay!

I like the look of Leatek!

I have to diagree with '003'

I have an Asus 6600GT and it out performs my friends who has the same but Gigabyte.

Also XFX are pretty good.

Heyyo,

Now aubrey, some makers just don't cut it like others, so paying attention to the makers is just as important as the type of vidcard you want, if not more.

egva's cheap and stable, a good choice.

xfx usually comes bundled with games, and if you get their newer vidcard revisions they have a decent stock HSF solution too. Just hope you don't get the original, if so change it.

now, asus.. how can you say they suck? lol. I mean, asus makes one of the greatest mobos to date. Their vidcards are a little pricey, but I'm sure it's cause there's plenty of quality innit.

leadteks good from what I hear, but also a little pricey.

hmm, msi's decent.. well, at least their K mobo lineup..

PNY's been around since 1985. so they have survived the test of time. Their coolers looks pretty sleek and I like how they put all the chips on the one side of the board so you can slap on a bigger vga silencer if you wanted to. Plus, dual dvi ports, no vga junk from these guys. I bet they're a good buy. And cheaper than evga (well, at least where I could get them).

My 5600 Ultra is a BFG. Best Buy had this enormous price drop and it was $150 compared to $230 everywhere else, so I had to just go in and get it. I don't at all mind that it's slightly overclocked, it's not a big deal to me.
I've heard mixed things about PNY but never used myself, same with Asus and MSI.
eVga is probably the most reliable brand of nVidia graphics cards, they're always a good buy.

EVGA is good because they always follow the reference design that nvidia comes out with. In other words if you buy EVGA you are getting exactly what Nvidia atended the card to be.

Just get eVGA/ Leadtek / MSI or mabey PNY, you'll be fine. Whichever one is cheapest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom