best bang-for-your-buck components

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont already hav ram to use but i kno im going to get OSZ Platinum Revision 2. id like to get a san diego 4000+ but im not sure if ill b able to afford it. as for the optical drive, THANK U! sum1 finally showed me an optical drive that i like! as for the mobo, wut do u guys think about the Abit Fatal1ty SLI? ive seen a few reviews that say it's very good.

Right now, there are awesome deals on 160 gb IDE hard drives at best buy/comp usa. Check those out. Also, the x800XL performs at a similar level to the 6800GT, except on certain games(doom 3). If you plan on playing Doom 3 heavily, then don't get the x800 XL. Ya, it will own the 6600GT too. For the price difference, it is defenetly a good deal. Finally, the 3500+ is in that sweet spot. 2.2 GHZ is close to the 3800+'s 2.4, but it won't cost you an arm and a leg. NEC 3540A is an awesome drive for the price! Monarch and Newegg have good deals on that optical drive. For the power supply, I keep suggesting it, but only because it has a 3 year warrenty, and is known to be a good PSU (Very few power supplies have this. Only very reliable power supplies have warrenties that last 3 years.). Tagan/Epower 480 Watt power supply. You can get it at www.mwave.com for 80 bucks, plus there is a 10 dollar mail in rebate.

Also, if your into modding, the DFI Nforce 4-D for 112 at monarch is a great deal. You can turn it almost into a DFI Nforce4 SLI with 3 simple pencil mods. Cheapest "SLI" motherboard out there.(you have to buy a 15 dollar SLI bridge to make it run at full efficiency)

id say it's some where between $1500 nd $2000. wen i started thinking about it, i forgot that i was selling a bunch of extra stuff so that shuld offset my lower income.

i would go with a ati radeon 9800pro 128mb or 256mb the 128 is only like 190? and the 256 not sure of the price but ATI makes great cards NVIDIA = Geforce and thats intel and i dont buy intel products cept for the p4

awkward post.....since when does intel own nvidia GeForce...and i dont think you should get a 9800 pro...id go with the geforce 6xxx series..

Heyyo,

hehehe, no dude. :p

Intel makes pentium central processing units (CPU's). Nvidia makes graphics processing units (GPU's.. and well, they design the GPU's and graphics cards, they don't actually make them). There's a diff. ;)

Intel and Nvidia ain't even working on the same systems for consoles! Right now Intel and ATI are making the $box360, and Sony n' such and Nvidia are making he PS3.

The closest partnership they have is with companies like HP that package Intel cpus and nvidia graphics cards with their computers.

So there ya go, settled. :)

Now, an ATI Radeon 9800 pro is a plenty fine graphicscard. It can crank out some satisfying visuals. Not the highest-rez, but fine none-the-less. Plus their Canadian, so we must support our fellow brethren eh? :D

You wanted best-bang-for-your-buck? that ATI Radeon 9800 Pro is probably one of the best marketed cards ever. Heck, it's the most sold videocard made. It's outsold the Geforce 2 series, AND the geforce 4 MX440 (how it sold soo many? HP's n' such, their cheap computers). So yeah, a retail vidcard pwning one that is placed in many brand name computers? that definately shows a sign of strength. :)

Now, for the Valve hardware survey, check this:
http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html

ATI Radeon 9800 Series 121,579 10.37 %
ATI Radeon 9600 Series 117,084 9.99 %
NVidia GeForce4 MX Series 99,358 8.47 %
NVidia GeForce FX 5200 Series 97,734 8.34 %

as you can see, lots of ati users on the source engine.

now... a little more down the list...
NVidia GeForce 6800 11,542 0.98 %

and

NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra 5,543 0.47 %

as you can see, not many nvidia users (well, that participated in the survey at least). Now this survey is a little old, this was maybe a couple weeks after the release of HL2. So the figures are probably different, probably more 6800 users and at the time the 6600gt wasn't released. So I'm sure the number of 6600gt users on hl2 have gone up. If it'll be more popular than the 9800 pro? we'll see in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom