Im in need of a new PSU. What I need is a PSU that can support this

GA-K8N Ultra-SLI
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
XFX Geforce 6600GT 128MB PCI-Express
Seagate 160GB SATA
EXCELSTOR 40GB IDE
2GB Corsair Value
Windows XP Pro

In addition 4 case fans, 1 side panel fan, and a 2nd XFX GeForce 6600GT 128 PCI-Express card.

I was told that I would need atleast 500W and to get a duel +12V. I dont know all that much about duel +12V. I do know the purpose of them but my question is. Do I have to connect both the ATX12 to get the effect of the full Amps? or if I just plug in one to get it all? or will it just give me half if I plug in just one. I dont know of any Mobos that have duel ATX12 on them.

Are the 12v going to have a duel with swords?

It does not matter about the dual 12v lines. Antec PSU's have dual 12v's and It means there are dual rails or something on those lines, which means 'better stability' but it doesn't really matter, make sure that the amount of amps on the 12v are good.

As a minimum, of would say 450 from a top company like OCZ, but idealy you want more than that.

OCZ, Antec, Thermaltake - great quality PSU's at reasonable prices, Enermax are the top ones. I would say OCZ was the top one, but can be pricey.

Ignore

Ignore,

When I was building mine ....

Loads of people said don't get a 350W it wont handle:

- AMD 3000+ Venice

- 512MB X 2, Corsair RAM

- Asus 6600GT

Anyway I was told to go for a 480+ so I thought I'll give the 350W that comes with the case a shot.

It's been running for 2/3 weeks nicely!

(Guess it anit that bad)

Oh 'n' by the way it's a Seasonic 350+ came with the Acric T1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom