my pc is hot!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cellbuster said:
just one more question, is replacing a CPU fan Idiotproof? Im one myself.
Most stock heatsinks come with a special fan that only fits on them. You would also need a new heatsink and fan. The Thermalright XP-90 or XP-90c (even better) are both very good heatsinks. Before you replace the heatsink I would try reseating it with AS5. Leaving your case open can only help.

im not sure, the first review types alittle about the difficulty of assembling. i dont want to receive it and be clueless on useing it
Do you own one yourself? is it moderatly easy?

u have a major problem on ur hands i beleive cause i know eveyone will say that that chip has a good threshold for heat but intel says it should go over 39C and really it isnt ur problem too tell ya the truth. u should get a hold of intel!!or get water cooling if u have the mooonay

Does your case have side panel ventilation? The best way to cool a prescott is to have either a side panel housing that fits directly over the HS and the fan is inverted to blow out of the housing. Or have a housing that connects to the rear of the case to a case fan. I've found in my installations that when I invert the fan to blow out and through the housing, it cooled much better. Some will disagree but I go with what works.

By the way, what are you using to get the CPU temp's? BIO'S? 3rd Party Software?

yeah it does but i just removed the side panel and its running at 45c of bootup
i use bios by restarting the computer, i think i might get some software to help, and cons about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom