Power supply Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootdamonkey

Baseband Member
I suspect my power supply isnt working as when i press the power button on the case nothing happens. I have conected the wires from the case switchs to the motherboard as stated in the motherboard manual and by the labels next to the pins on the motherboard and still nothing. The mains power cable is fine i have checked that and also it makes a slight clicking sound when i insert it ainto the back of the computer, so that indicates some power is there.

and make sure nothing is grounded inside the case. I would unplug everything from the psu except the main mobo connector and try it.

Did you connect the 4-pin connector to the front. If you did, follow it to the front of the case. Most cases have a break in them you need to put back together.

i would check all the connections and maybe even use a voltometer to check to see what your power supply and a few other things are doing.

I got a mate to lend me a new power pack he bought and wehey it worked. So i came to the conclusion that the other psu was officially dead. Thanks for all your help everyone.

Disconnect everything on power except motherboard.
Disconnect all drives connected to motherboard.
Remove all expect video card.

Try powering on and work your way back should it be working.

Sometimes a card or drive can cause the power not to come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom