troubles after cleaning out dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
uzi9mm said:
Sometimes it will do that. Basically if the PSU was off, and you switched it on and you turn the computer on, it takes a sec or two for the power to charge the capicitors.

Also this really does not have anything to do with the problem, but just clear the CMOS....... Just give that a try, hey you never know...

ill try that cmos thing this weekend...

but as far as the psu goes... its never done that to me... it always started up right away with no delay...

also... what would cause the thing to do the on off on off on thing i described... i went over all the connections and theyre all snug and all the other connections are tight... i did blow up in that area and blew out some dust in the psu.... is that a no no?

No, you should be able to do that. Like 2 days ago I used a full size compressor at full blast to blow out my PSU. It does not do any damage. So it is not a no no, it is a go go..........

Well if you have an extra PSU laying around you should try to switch them out and see what happens.......

uzi9mm said:

Well if you have an extra PSU laying around you should try to switch them out and see what happens.......

i do have a few around here.. but none are powerfull enough

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm theres a list of beep codes for various BIOS's by the way...I keep it in my favs so it's handy to have.

even if he did get the liquid on the mobo, that crap dries up almost instantly so I don't see how that'd be a problem...the vaccuum bristles do cause issues though.

I remember one kid saying he thought that canned air was bad because it forced dust in smaller tighter spaces...personally I never believed that, but it's strange your computer would act up after cleaning it.

BTW, blowing out your PSU is perfectly fine, I do it to mine all the time.

Have you tried resetting the CMOS like Uzi suggested yet? Have you tried turning the PSU off, unpluging it, then putting it back in and turning it on?

It's weird though because like he said, the closest code is video error or RAM

Have you already tried reseating those components?

Nubius said:
http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm theres a list of beep codes for various BIOS's by the way...I keep it in my favs so it's handy to have.

even if he did get the liquid on the mobo, that crap dries up almost instantly so I don't see how that'd be a problem...the vaccuum bristles do cause issues though.

I remember one kid saying he thought that canned air was bad because it forced dust in smaller tighter spaces...personally I never believed that, but it's strange your computer would act up after cleaning it.

BTW, blowing out your PSU is perfectly fine, I do it to mine all the time.

Have you tried resetting the CMOS like Uzi suggested yet? Have you tried turning the PSU off, unpluging it, then putting it back in and turning it on?

It's weird though because like he said, the closest code is video error or RAM

Have you already tried reseating those components?

good info on that site, thanks

i havent reset the cmos yet... kinda in a bad mood since this happened and dont feel like messing with it anyways... but i will do all that this weekend

uzi9mm said:
The 300watt should do the trick....... Just try it.

hmm... thatll envolve ripping apart the computer im on now... ill have to think about it... lol

the 250 is in a computer i was gonna build for my sis but she isnt giving me any money for the parts she wants... so... you know where thats going

just get a new psu for ur pc. we have all seen the warnings... never get a generic psu, which i assume urs is, as you said it was very cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom