troubles after cleaning out dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSXmike

In Runtime
after cleaning out some dust on my computer earlier tonite, i started her up and thats when trouble started... it turned on then off then on then off then on again... gave me a long beep and 4 short beeps and shut down... is my power supply on its way out? i cant figure out whats going on... please help asap... i dont want to go to bed yet lol

What did you use to clean the dust out????????

Also I checked the my little post code handbook, and 1 long 4 short does not have an entry for a POST.....

Maybe you mean 1 long 3 short, if that is the beep code, either your RAM or you Video card is not seated correctly or damaged...

uzi9mm, beeb code are not standard on all mobos, he need to look it up in his own mobos manual, unless you two have the same mobos, of course. you probably just damaged something when cleaning it out. did you use a can of compressed air? or maybe a dirty rag?

I checked up on his mobo. He has an award bios. I have a manual on POST codes, and vendors.........

And in the manual it has not POST description for Award Bios regarding 1 long beep, and 4 short.

I also verified this online.

I know what I am talking about.

no problem.......

but anyways.

If he used compressed air, maybe he went overboard and got that liquid stuff on the board and it shorted something out.

Or if he used a vacuum he could of ESD'd the board.

But we wont find out until he tells us.......

You could of damage something but I would first try reseating the RAM and Video card. Maybe this a simple case of knocking something loose when you was dusting. It does no harm reseating those 2 items.

Also check all the powercables to make sure none of them loose.

holy crap... this got attention quickly...

yea i cleaned it with compressed air... but i had the can upright the whole time so it wouldnt spray out co2...

im pretty sure it beeped 1 long 4 short... maybe 5 short... i was kinda panicing at the time.. and the beeps sounded effed up like my pc speaker was damaged...

the only think i could think of it being is the power supply... when i put together my computer i got a cheap one at this computer store just so i could get the thing together... its kinda been acting up lately when i start it up too... like when i push the power button... nothing will happen for a sec or 2 and then the computer will start up... kinda weird... that all happened b4 i cleaned out the system...

TSXmike said:
its kinda been acting up lately when i start it up too... like when i push the power button... nothing will happen for a sec or 2 and then the computer will start up... kinda weird... that all happened b4 i cleaned out the system...

Sometimes it will do that. Basically if the PSU was off, and you switched it on and you turn the computer on, it takes a sec or two for the power to charge the capicitors.

Also this really does not have anything to do with the problem, but just clear the CMOS....... Just give that a try, hey you never know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom