cant set FSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry5739

In Runtime
i just assembled my pc...everything works perfectly except i cannot set the CPU frequency to 166 for my 2700+...i cant set nething past 100..if i do..it will not boot. also . should i enable spread spectrum? i did enable it and noticed no differance

no such setting...also what must i change to get my ddr400 to not be seen as ddr 266...i appologize if my questions are too vague..

So why's your sig say that your 2700+ is at 2.3?

Make sure your motherboard doesn't have a jumper that doesn't allow you to set the FSB in the BIOS...I know that a few of the socket A gigabyte boards have such jumper.

When you are able to get your FSB to 166 then you need to set your RAM as such (your BIOS will either see it as 166 or 333...some show the actual MHz in this case it's 166MHz, some show the DDR which would be 333 (166x2=333))

Otherwise if your CPU is 333FSB and your RAM is running DDR400 you'll just have a bottleneck

yeah nubius u were completely right...both ram and cpu are perfect now..oh and that 2.3 was from wen i had my other motherboard in and i never changed the sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom