Building a new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hacp said:

DDR2 is not all it is hyped up to be. Basically it sacrifices latency in order to achieve higher mhz. Overall there isn't much of a performance gain by going with DDR2 as opposed to DDR.

Overall that looks like a fairly good computer you are putting together there. However, I can not say much about the motherboard as I have not had any experience with it myself.

Yeah, the video card you've choosen leads me to believe that you are going to use this PC for gaming. If that's the case, go with an AMD 64 3200+ or higher, with-in your budget. And just get DDR forget about DDR2. The Price vs. Performance difference of DDR just doesn't justify purchasing it.

So if you do go with AMD, grab a DFI mobo or MSI.

That motherboard will only accept DDR2. DDR just wont fit. I would get DDR667 to fit that motherboard, as that is the max it supports.

Other than that, it looks like a pretty nice computer. You definitely wont be dissapointed.

You might want to consider a motherboard that doesnt have onboard video if you are going to use a separate video card, like this:
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket775/p5ld2-d/overview.htm

Whenever you get a comment that goes something like, "Intel sucks, AMD rules" just ignore it.

If you want to have a look at the pros and cons of Intel vs AMD go to the top of this section and look at the thread.

The best way to cut through the fanboyism is to do your own research when it comes down to AMD vs Intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom