comp wont now post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troubledyouth

In Runtime
i had recently been having the problem of my computer going into powersave mode well i went to turn on my computer today and it wouldn't post.so i turned off the computer and turned it back on.it still didn't post and then i looked at my lights on my video card.they would come on and then turn off come on and turn off.and the fans would not come on and all the other fans on my computer were not turning as fast as they normaly do.has my power supply failed on me cause i that is what i think.the powersupply that i had was perfectly fine and had enough power but it started doing this.if it is the problem then i can get a new powersupply.so it is the power supply.

It shoulds like your power supply might have died. If you have another power supply, you might want to try swapping out power supplies and see if that works for you.

Also what brand power supply is it and how many watts is it? You have to remember that just because a powersupply says it is 400 watts doesn't mean that is actually putting out 400 watts. This is due to the difference in what "generic" power supply manufacturers consider normal operating conditions and what the actual operating conditions are. It is general a good idea to stick to quality power supplies such as PC Power and Cooling, Antec, Enermax, and a few others.

Raidmax doesn't make the best power supplies but they are far from the worst. Like I said before, it sounds like your power supply is on its way out. Fans will generally spin slower when less voltage is supplied to them.

Your power supply is dead. You need a new one. Consider the one I have.

ok now i need suggestons for a new power supply.i need it to be atx, at least 500W and that is the only things i need it to have.i don't want to spend an extreme ammount of money(cause im a teenager and only make 5.15 an hour)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom