How Far Can You Go???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgrunner08

Baseband Member
Just how much, with proper cooling, do you think you could overclock a Socket 754 AMD Athlon 64 3000+ CPU?

that's impossible to even estimate dude....every CPU will OC different not to mention theres a ton of other factors that could effect it from motherboard to the temperature in your room to what you think 'proper cooling' is

Ok, well what is the best CPU OC app? Also what is the best OC app for every piece of hardware?

You can use RivaTuner for graphic cards and some other program I forgot its name (im sure somebodyelse knows)
For CPU it's best to use your BIOS.

You OC through the BIOS not applications....with the exception of a video card...which I'd suggest RivaTuner.....there are apps to let you OC through windows like Clockgen but I don't recommend you do that.

You need to read the two stickies that talk about OC'ing above so we don't have to help you with a question later like "Oh I set this to 300 from 200 and my computer wont start" in which if you had read the guide, that would never happen

if u can keep the temps reletively low i bet u could go quite far. I think it runs at 1.8 u could prolly go past 2.4 or soo estimate with a decent mobo but its really hard to say

i own the same CPU, soket 754, 64 3000, i overclocked from 2.0 to 2.3, cant go any further, had to highr voltage too, didnt get much performence boost so i left it there at stock speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom