Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaara

Fully Optimized
I'm back after a week of hanging around this little convention an old friend of mine was helping put together, can't say it went how I planned it to.

I got there on Tuesday to help set up and crap, it didn't officially start until Friday so I just helped set up and played lan tournaments and stuff. On Thursday night they started stuff up and the first thing was a fastest built competetion, you can take everything apart and see how fast you can put it back. I normally wouldn't bother but the prize was some new speakers and a mic and that was exactly what I need so I went for it.

Anywho, I didn't win and got a bit lazy and didn't bother leak testing and called it a night. NExt day I turned everything on and started fixing up my box for the modding competetion, and I luckily noticed a little leak. The tube over my CPU block got stretched out too much I guess and ripped a bit and water was leaking out. I'm pretty sure I found it pretty fast, and some other dude who "had experience" with this came over and in got drained, dried, and cleaned up pretty damn fast.

I think everything is ok, I think it only got on my board, but it may have gotten into the socket which would suck. I kinda feel like RMAing this crap but I don't wanna lose my uber Venice core. I guess I was lucky I found the leak since the tubing on my rad (1/2" over 5/8" so it makes sense) was close to the same, so I've ditched this clearflex and ordered some tygon. I'm crazy scared to turn this back on when the tygon gets here but I guess I'll have to, I missed all the fun competetions and overclocking on the weekend as well. :(

I cannot stress enough always, always, ALWAYS triplecheck what you're doing no matter how much experience you have. I guess it's my fault, but god damnit I am pissed off.

Yeah, I needed a vent.

Sucks =/

My friend wanted to get this 7/16 tubing that's like $50 for a 25 foot roll or something...since hte 7/16 is just a hair smaller than your standard 1/2" in should provide a nice tight seal around the fittings without killing flow or anything.

Anywho...go ahead and send that week15 venice this way and I'll be sure to test it for you....and no I wouldn't dream of sending you back my low OC'ing week18 :p

But yeah water cooling is definately not something you want to be getting into a 'quick put together' contest lol.

Hopefully everything is all good for you though...when my CPU block leaked, it went straight down onto the graphics card nowhere near the socket so hopefully that happened for you as well....not that that's any better really, but hey atleast the CPU might be salvaged....

My friends had an awful leak before and his stuff still ran after cleaning it all up with alchohol and such so, have hope!

I'm pretty sure it's all good since it still was running and there was clearly water on the board so I don't think it'd have gotten to the CPU and still ran. Either way it got cleaned within like 10 minutes and I don't think it was a big leak. I don't really even care if I have to RMA the board, just the CPU is the thing I hope didn't get screwed over.

I'm really bummed I missed all the fun stuff though. :(

considering this is your 3rd CPU I wouldn't want to have to RMA it either in fear that they send you a couple more DOA ones

Psht and here I was waiting for this massive "3.2GHz: post with screenies

Believe me I was wanting that as well, once the tygon gets here hopefully then that'll happen. :p Damnit why I be forced to endure such horrors. :(

It'll be worth it once you get a high flying CPU though...you could always get a venice that you THOUGHT you got early enough to get a good OC'er only to find out you didn't, beyond that get a board that apparently has a resistor that shouldn't be there with a Taiwanese BIOS making group who could care less about making a good BIOS....on top of that you could come back to your computer just now only to find a big ole fat BLUE SCREEN right in your face :p

Just happened to me right now lol

you as well.....I'm surprised no one saw me sneak into that convention and slightly cut your tubing MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Newegg is holding a LAN at the end of this month....can't remember if I told you or not....400 seats for the "BYOC' BRING YOUR OWN COMPUTER section for $20.....I'm going :D

theres of course CS competitions, Call of duty things like that, but that also costs money and I'm not good enough to compete, nor do I have money to burn for that

if u let everything dry out real good u should be ok and i mean real good i would wait at least a weak in a low humid place

you as well.....I'm surprised no one saw me sneak into that convention and slightly cut your tubing MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Now it's on! I must send out my ninja assasins down to California and eliminate this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom