You can cal me stupid now

Status
Not open for further replies.
overkill for what? HL1?? no biggie... the 2.4 CPU is going into a new mobo I have coming.. but this one is the 1.7 P4 and the GPU is the one I have left over... No need to buy another one if I don't need too, right? :)

I can play Half life on 1024/800 on on my 566 MHZ celeron processor with integrated video. Same with Civ3. Diablo 2 runs fine on it also. Ya it has 128 MB of ram too.

Hacp said:
I can play Half life on 1024/800 on on my 566 MHZ celeron processor with integrated video. Same with Civ3. Diablo 2 runs fine on it also. Ya it has 128 MB of ram too.

thats not realy usefull info. ok so you could run it on that machine, but you fail to mention that it looked like the old 8bit nintendo graphics. like the old doom games.

One of my first HL1 installations (way back when) was on a P2 with a 32mb graphics card and 128mb of RAM.

HL1 will run on just about anything. However, I have noticed some graphics issues using HL1 on newer machines. My 6800GT had to be tweaked to run HL1 correctly, as it kept trying to making all HL1 games way too dark and oversampled the textures. So I guess I can say that the only problems are having TOO MUCH of a machine, rather than too little.

shoobie - maybe you were using HL1 Source? i noticed HL1 Source is much darker then the original HL1.

Nope.

All my Source games run consistently. The old stuff I have to crank my brightness up on to get the picture right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom