Final Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4ckaL

Daemon Poster
With the help of some guys on this forum I have put together the following build. Tell me if you see any improvements that I should make (without adding great cost) or any bottlenecks or problems you see with it, and of course make sure everything is compatible.

Case: Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA
MOBO: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego
GPU: eVGA 256-P2-N376-AX Geforce 6800GT
RAM: OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 1GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 200GB 7200 RPM 8M Cache
PSU: Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W
Monitor: SAMSUNG 997DF-T/T 19" CRT
Mouse: Logitech MX518
Keyboard: Saitek Gamers' Keyboard
Speakers: DCT Factory OG1050B 600 Watts 2.1 (will upgrade later)

Total Cost: $1,540.17

After I get some more money I will by a nice sound card and speaker setup.

So what do you think?

Ya, they are selling Seagate Barracudas 160GB IDE Hard drives at Worstbuy for 60 dollalrs after rebates. I would save myself 50 bucks and cash in on that. Also, the platinum Revision 2 isn't exactly the Ideal ram to pair with DFI mobos, especially when you are getting a 2.2 GHZ AMD 64 with a multiplier of 11.

Those speakers are 600 watts...

ok...

Well the rest of the PC looks good. One thing about the monitor, I have it and it doesnt look that good on lower resolutions, I have heard this is a common problem and my replacement didnt do anything for it.

um,

Watch out.

the 6800GTs require a ATX 2.0 psu.. you wont find these in cases, but you will have to buy them yourself seperately..

Can go from 45 pound, up to really anything.. get a mid 60 pound 1 atleast i think, the forum people here favour Antec i think mostly..

It says your powersupply...

it has the name, followed by 2.0 ...

This possibly could be ATX 2.0.. just make sure dude.. im pretty sure anyway.

It is a 2.0 ATX.....thats why I made a link to it, so you can see its specs.

btw Hacp, what RAM do you suggest I get then?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227213

Why? Because it scales well with voltage, and is cheaper than the plat rev 2s. Generally with AMD systems, the rule is to get low timings and use the divider. You are also getting a CPU with a 11x multiplier. I'm pretty sure that 240*11 is pretty sufficient for you.

Monarch has the EVGA 6800GT for 620 After rebates.
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...roduct_Code=190670&Category_Code=VC-EVGA-PCIE
It also has the DFI Lan party for 129 but free shipping.

For the power supply, get this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104154
Not as a quality product as the power stream, but still has a 3 year warrenty.

but the EL Plat. Rev. 2 has lower timings than the value ram so wouldn't it be better? I guess what your saying is that I don't need the platinum but it is better so therefor it would last me longer before I would have to upgrade it right?

I just think the EL Platinum Revision 2 would serve me better and last me longer.

ps. sorry for bringing up an old topic but my comp was giving me troubles.

No it is not better. Trust me, those chips are bh-5/ch-5 Winbound UTT. You will get VERY GOOD timings with alot of voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom