HP and ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacp

Daemon Poster
Does HP really have propriety ram for its COMPAQ computers? I asked and here is their response.

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the hpshopping.com Sales Center.

I understand you are interested in purchasing the Compaq Presario SR1010Z customizable desktop, and are curious to know if the stand alone RAM and video card you own can be installed in this desktop once it has been delivered to you. Based on the configuration you provided below, I am pleased to advise that you should have no problems installing the additional 1.0 GB of RAM and the nVidia 6800GT video card.

Before installing these components, I recommend contacting HP Technical Support to advise them of the upgrade you are about to perform. This will allow them to provide you with any pertinent information about this upgrade, and to update their records on the configuration of your registered PC.

I hope this information has assisted you in making your purchase here at hpshopping.com, XXXX. Please reply to this message if there is anything further we can do. For your convenience, you may also call hpshopping.com directly at 1-888-999-4747 Monday - Friday: 7:00 AM - 2:00 AM EST and Sat and Sun: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM EST. Our hpshopping representatives are trained professionals who can help you decide on the right HP product for you.

Once again, thank you for your interest in hpshopping.com. We value your business and support. Our goal is to continue bringing you quality products and solutions.

Total BS? I'm not sure, has anyone had any experience with the Compaq computers that HP makes?

So you can install non hp propriety ram onto an hp computer? I heard otherwise from some people, including circuit city employees.

Well, there is no such thing as propriety memory. We have sold tons of memory for the HP systems and we have never had a problem with them. So you will not have any problems buying the memory from someone else. I really do not care what the manufacturer says. I would take advise from people who make memory then people who think they know what they are talking about.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom