Cinematic Gaming!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVOC2k5 said:
Yeah, this guy at tiger direct told me that the minimum requirement for Unreal 2007 is an FX57... Then he said, "And by the way, we have them in stock."

Don't believe everything you hear.
lol, thats great.

Technology is always growing by leaps and bounds. It may not do anything for 3 months or whatever, but for the three months after that there will be tons of shite comming out!Dont forget Moores law, which has been disproven.
"Computer power will double every 18 months"
Last I check, regarding Moores law, computer power more than quadrupled in an 18 month span. Maybe now we dont have a computer that could run UT2007, but, by the time it hits the market, it will be commonground to have a 6800Ultra. most people will have the card that is two generations beyond the 7800. You are all failing to take into account just how fast thigns are developed and released. Especially if a game as needy as you are saying, companies will be rushing to make things that are MORE than adequate enough to handle that. You think NVidia would let a game come out that 2 of their most expensive cards would not be able to run? THAT would be shooting themselcves in the foot. They have probably planned for years for this, or as soon as they caught wind of it, changed the way they were heading. Production and research is prolly sped up. Hardware companies would not let this happen, do you not understand how marekting works? how people make money?

Interesting little tidbit: The gaming industry is rapidly growing to the size of the Hollywood movie industry.

http://www.baddosage.com/forums/t5103-video-gaming-revenue-surpasses-hollywood---10-billion.html

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/12/21/1915204&tid=187&tid=98&tid=10

Heyyo,

Heh, too true aboot D3. Doesn't run very smooth but it ran.

Now, UT2k7, it'll run I bet onna 6600gt, heck, I bet a 9800 pro would run it on lowest settings. This game's just started to get underway, it'll obviously run bad. Once they start polishing the Unreal Warfare 3 engine we'll start hearing how it runs great on budget setups. Budget setups of next year will probably be a 6600gt or 6800 ultra. By budget (well to me for vidcards) I mean under $200 CAD.

At first I thought UT2k4 would crawl on my computer, but hey, it runs very good, I'm quite satisfied with its preformance actually. The average budget gamer upgrages his computer every 1-2 years. so yeah, by then I'm sure people will have good comp rigs.

How do you think UT2K7 will fare on a setup like this:

AMD Athlon 64 3700+
dual 6800GTs
1GB Platinum Rev. 2

GameGURU said:
Yea, I highly HIGHLY doubt that the tigerdirect guy was right...It sounds to me like he is trying to make himself seem smarter than he is.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Obviously it's his job to try and get the customer to shell out 1k+ on a CPU or whatever...

'Cinematic Gaming' eh? If that means what I think it does, then sorry to say but we're still a loooong way off from that...

Unreal Engine 3 is very, very pretty, but in practice all it has is a few more bells and whistles than the Doom 3 engine (higher poly count, higher resolution textures and so on and so forth). Seen footage of Prey yet anyone?...

I reckon UT2007 will run nicely on a pair of 6800 GT/Ultras.

So... Pretty soon to play a $49.99 PC game, you need a $4000 PC?

If this is the case then i can truely see PC Games losing a TON of market share to the up coming next generation consoles.

If I can play Unreal 2007 on the PS3 for $69.99 & $399.99, what makes more sense? hmmm?

K.....I've skipped over everyones responses because I'm too lazy to read what's been said...

But yeah....last thing I'd do is trust 'some guys' word at tiger direct who 'knows some guy' in 'some industry'

Sounds like he's spouting a bunch of BS to me and I've come across quite a few of those people at PC shops

Don't forget the HD tv and surround sound to go with your PS3. Now watch the prices soar.

well I don't so a good PC would not be so much more expensive than a PS3 with HDTV and surround sound in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom