For all you poor nVIDIA fanboys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
For all you poor nVIDIA fanboys that wanna upgrade to the new G70 card but don't have the cash for the 7800GTX... Sometime in august the 7800GT will be available for $450.00... Clocked around 335Mhz / 1.1Ghz.... WOW... But it does have 24 pipelines and support pixel shader 3.

Pinch your pennies...

Hmm...i wonder if they will offer this as an AGP upgrade. If they don't, they will basically be giving the middle finger to anyone who purchased the NV40 on release or dissapointed ATI X800 users desperate to make the switch to Nvidia.

The final price isn't going to be higher, especially since the 7800GTX can be found for 490 dollars.

Man, excited to see how these OC. If they OC to a GTX as easy as a 6800GT OC's to an Ultra, that would be a great card to get....

Heyyo,

Heh, both Nvidia and ATI have said they've put out their last agp cards. Nvidia's was the 6600GT, ati was the x800 Pro I think. I think it's a good thing, they wanted to leap away from agp before they hit their limits with it. Might as well focus on the new videocard standard and start gearing towards the future of videocards. So yes, rip agp, you had a good run.

I doubt that the high end cards from Nvida for the next generation are going to be AGP. the midrange and budget though could be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom