Cinematic Gaming!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the time that game comes out, a friggen 7800 is going to be $300, and a 6800Ultra will be cheaper than a 6600GT is right now. The 7800 were just pusged out to make NVidia look good, they dont operate much better than a 6800Ultra so they will be old news in no time. I have a feeling that the 7800 is going to be similar to the FX series... Here today, gone tomorrow, whereas the other ones are here to stay.

I bet that this game is where Gigabytes quad SLi will come into place.

ShoobieRat said:
Screw all the small-time gamers. Epic's got the game, I've got the money, I'm ready. Soon as that puppy hits the market, I'll be ready!
There's a difference between small-time gamers and rich gamers. Besides Epic would be screwing themselves IF they released a game that hardly anyone could afford to play. But I don't think they will do that.

Actually, they're already leaking bits about the performance, and news is that it is not much more demanding than DOOM3. In 2 years, current computer and graphics technology will be cheaper anyway.

Yea, I highly HIGHLY doubt that the tigerdirect guy was right...It sounds to me like he is trying to make himself seem smarter than he is. Like the people at Best Buy or CompUSA who don't know the first thing about a computer talking like they know them inside and out and telling people they HAVE to buy a dumb prebuilt PC even when gaming because the 5200 is like THE BEST piece or hardware on the market... :D

rofl simply agree, hahaha anyway all I know is it will be quite a few weeks before I can afford a 7800gtx, I'm making 250$ every two weeks, maybe one month I can get one, but still thats a lot lot lot lot of cash, games of the future man......

FRIGGIN INSANE!

Every single time a new generation of games comes out with a new graphics engine, everyone goes into an uproar about how "this is the end of gaming" and "they're shooting themselves in the foot" and "the market will collapse" and the rest of that crap.

Look, the game comes out in 2006. The graphics technology people were screaming about before DOOM3 came out, is now mostly average and getting cheaper by the day.

The only two major pieces of hardware left (money wise) are CPU's and graphics cards. Everything else has gone stone cheap. The next generation of graphics cards (already coming out) are going to be starting to drop in price already by 2006, leaving the only worry that of the CPU. I seriously doubt you'll need a dual-core AMD64 to run UT2007, but even if you wanted to, the prices will be on the downward spiral by then, too.

It's just not that big of a deal, folks.

ShoobieRat said:
Actually, they're already leaking bits about the performance, and news is that it is not much more demanding than DOOM3. In 2 years, current computer and graphics technology will be cheaper anyway.

If you turn off soft-shadowing, HDR lighting, and parallax mapping you are probably right about that. But with all that enabled, even today's SM3 cards can't keep up. Will this game have a SM2.0 path?, or wil it be SM3.0 only?

Yeah, this guy at tiger direct told me that the minimum requirement for Unreal 2007 is an FX57... Then he said, "And by the way, we have them in stock."

Don't believe everything you hear.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Yeah, this guy at tiger direct told me that the minimum requirement for Unreal 2007 is an FX57... Then he said, "And by the way, we have them in stock."

Don't believe everything you hear.

Even if thats so, we won't want to be playing UT2007 on minimum system requirements. Thats why I am starting a savings account now for my next PC which I will purchase for UT2007.

grego said:
I highly doubt will be seeing anything next year that two 7800GTX in SLI can't perform well on. The gaming industry would just be moving WAAY too fast and leaving most of its consumers far behind. Not a smart move, and probably not going to happen.

Here's a ton of information on it: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/unrealtournament2007/index.html?q=unreal+tournament+2007

Well the industry is moving faster than normal.

The Xbox 360 has a tri cored cpu at 3.2ghz each. Each core supports 2 hardware threads. 6 threads in total!!!!!!!!!!!

Since when would you think that an Xbox would kick a pc's as$???

So I would not doubt leaps and bounds in technology soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom