I just got a Rosewill 550W PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, why is everyone dissing this company when no one knows anything about them? I got the Performance series PSU and I am sure it will work like gold.

Rosewill is a newegg house product. It's very generic.

It may work well, it may suck @55.... Who knows?

A 550w PSU for $56.99 is a total tip-off.... It's crap.

persianxballer said:
Seriously, why is everyone dissing this company when no one knows anything about them?

They are just playing follow the leader,If 1 person say's it's garbage then all the little noob's are going to say the same thing,It's funny cause you never hear someone say ya i had a problem with it,It's alway's either my buddy or i know a guy that had it crap out on him ;)

Shumway said:
They are just playing follow the leader,If 1 person say's it's garbage then all the little noob's are going to say the same thing,It's funny cause you never hear someone say ya i had a problem with it,It's alway's either my buddy or i know a guy that had it crap out on him ;)

You obviously don't know anything about PSU's or you'd agree with us.
Just, go back playing on mom and dads PC.

HAVOC2k5 said:
You obviously don't know anything about PSU's or you'd agree with us.
Just, go back playing on mom and dads PC.

What ever buddy,In my post i was just saying that's how thing's usually go around here,If you don't like the way i put it then [SNIPPED] .

Shumway said:
What ever buddy,In my post i was just saying that's how thing's usually go around here,If you don't like the way i put it then [SNIPPED] .

So true, that IS how things go down here.

Shumway said:

LOL - You can "put it" anyway you want, it still doesn't mean you know what your talking about...

i have tested...

-rosewill 500watt $52 v12@34
-coolmax 400watt $36 v12@18
-Xclio 450watt duel 12v $59 v12-1@15 v12-2@17

all 120mm fan versions. thy weighd decently and came well put together.

(readings were about..)
rosewill - v12.4, v5.3, v3.15
coolmax - v12.2, v5.1, v3.3
xclio - v12.1, v5.1, v3.3
-------------------------------------------------------------------

there for builds im selling or sold. thy worked perfectly fine, i went threw HL2 and Doom3 with a 6600gt and the rosewill. and ran the Xclio with a 6800.

Thy all seem like decent budget PSUs to me. i prolly wouldnt go lower on price though then the ones shown above for example. and since thy were all 120mm versions, i looked threw the fan hole and all the parts looked well put together, and the sinks and capacitors are large as well.

so take it as is, and some of the above ppl do have a point in that... the only psu's recommended on this forum are not always nessessary, especially since there prices are usually not lower then $96 or whatever, in wattage compairison and such.

HOWEVER, if you are running a socket 939 venic or deigo, 6800gt, WD raptor, etc.... i dont c any reason not to go with the recomended brands, expecially if your throwing out that amount of money. the power consumption and reliablity for protecting your other parts would be worth it in that case.

Why did you put xclio with rosewill and coolmax? Xclio psus are actually half decent. But really, no one here gives rosewill a chance because of the horror stories people have heard in the past, and also because they used to be made from a 5th teir manufactuer. I don't know if they still are today though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom