best bang-for-your-buck components

Status
Not open for further replies.

angryOGG

In Runtime
the budget for the gaming system i plan to build at the end of summer is slowly shrinking so im forced to rethink my setup. wut im looking for are components that get the best performance for their price. recommendations in all areas are welcome (EXCEPT monitor, RAM, mouse, keyboard, sound card, and speakers).

Tboltness said:
6800GT, AMD Venice processor

There, a little more.

x800XL is a better bang for the buck. 250 compared to 320, and the only significant difference is in doom3.

If you can, I would suggest the 6800AGP. Thats if your going AGP btw.

nope im defintetly getting a PCI-E mobo (probably SLI or Crossfire). as a reference i mainly play CS:S, Bf2, Guild Wars, Halo, and Warhammer 40k; thus, it seems logical that i go with ATI because they seem to show better or equal performance in every game except Doom3. however, i may just get a 6800gt because i culd SLI it in the future.

any1 hav any recommendations in any other categories?

If ur on a budget all those games will run nicely on a 6600GT!!X800XL isnt that great
right now ur gonna want to go nvidia but later on when ati realeases there new cards thats when ur gonna want ati i think the new chips are gonna rock but be very expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom