Computer has the "Blue Screen of Death"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmione

Solid State Member
Ok, I installed some Microsoft program called eTrust EZ Armor AntiVirus + Firewall because I didnt have an AntiVirus. I uninstalled Sygate but I said No to restart now because I new I would have to after I installed the Microsoft AntiVirus. So after the installation I restarted. Here is where the problem began. It gives me a blue screen with the following error. It is really long so please read, if I dont figure out the problem I will be without a computer (I'm at the library.) until January 6th because my computer guy is on vacation. Ok, here's the error.

Stop: c0000218 {Registry File Failure}
The Registry cannot load the hive (file): \System Root\System32\Config\Software or its log or alternate.
It is corrupt, absent or not writable.

If this is the first time you have seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If the screen apears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturers for any Windows 2000 updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select safe mode.

Refer to your Getting Sraered manual for more information on trouble shooting Stop errors.

I have tried going into Safe Mode but I get the same error. I cannot get into the BIOS it is password locked and I dont have the password.

Have you the CD that came with your system? If so, since you're running W2k, you should try putting the 2000 CD in, and doing a repair installation.

Uhh well u can just put the xp cd in ur cd-rom and boot of that and install Winxp os onto ur system, [but if u format while doing this you will lose all ur files] thiers probly an easier way to fix the prob though.

Alright, well thanks. Tomorrow I will try the XP disk, thanks for the partial help. Well when I put in the CD, what will it do? Will it go to its own thing because I cant get into WindowS?

Hi there,

This problem can be fixed without formating, but it takes about 1 1/2 for a professional, and 4 for an amateur, so i'm afraid i suggest that you format,

Just put in your XP cd, set your bios to boot from it and then just follow the instructions on screen.

Mark,

So I put in the disk, then press F8 and select Windows xp, without the disk in it has just Windows 2000 Professional so I assume WIndows XP home will show up after i put the CD in right? I cant get into the bios it is password locked.

If I dont get the instructions right I dont have a computer until January 10th. PLEASE HELP! I know I sound desperate but I have a lot of assignments and without that computer I am dead.

Right, so you don't know the pass, you need to do a clear C-Mos, witch means taking the side of your computer, and taking out the battery, and putting it back in, then start you pc, press Delet and you will enter the bios, then you will be able to figure it our yourself, just go thought the menus unto you fintd the booting options, and select cdrom, put your xp cd in your master cd drive, and start the baby up, and the installation will start, and you will be able to format, if you have AIM just IM me @ MarkManUtd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom