Graphics, possible ram problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
nitestick said:
have you been able to play these games before and they have started doing this recently or have you always had this problem

Its always been this way with this computer.

Why would I download the errored dll? And yes, I'm sure I have downloaded the latest drivers.

Have you tried using your video card on anohter comptuer? Its likely that your video card may be a dud.

Dud? What exactly do you mean? I ordered from newegg... I dont think I would be able to, the only other computers in my house are a really compact 4 year old gateway and a pretty good laptop. Mine is the only one, and I wish I could test it with another graphics card.

Bump. I think its the ram, I'll explain below.

I opened up my computer while it was powered down and removed one stick of ram. I booted it up and tried playing half life 2. It took longer to get the error. I then opened the computer back up and switched the ram sticks inside. I booted it up again and played half life 2. It took less time, but still significantly more then with both sticks in to error up.

This seems to prove that it is the ram that is causing my problems. I wanted to know if anyone here has encountered this problem and if so tell me a good pair that will definitely work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom