SLI motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacerX

Baseband Member
I'm leaning towards getting an SLI board with the intention of possibly adding another video card in the future. I won't be doing any overclocking or anything advanced with the comp, so what's the cheapest motherboard I can get away with that will allow me to get the most out of my 3700+ or 3800+ cpu and 6800 gt video card while being reliable and easy to assemble (hopefully with a good manual)?

Will this work, or is it junk?
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=241167&affiliate=bizrate

Thanks for any advice.

Good choice if you're not overclocking(which you say you're not). It's reliable and has good software/installation support.

I would definately go for a DFI NF4 series motherboard. the SLI-DR if you're getting SLI, or the Ultra-D if you're not.
like 003 said, a 7800 GTX often outperforms 2 6800 Ultra's in SLI, plus you can get one in SLI later on.

you can even mod the Ultra-D to an SLI-D
sli1.jpg

sli2.jpg

or instead of pencil, you can use anything conductive, like solder

I wouldn't recommend even thinking about doing this unless, you really know what you are doing..

003 said:
Also, I would get a single 7800GTX because its cheaper than 2x 6800GT/Ultra and it beats two 6800 Ultras in SLI.
Hehe, well, I can barely afford one 6800 gt right now... maybe in the future I can add another card :)

apokalipse said:
I would definately go for a DFI NF4 series motherboard. the SLI-DR if you're getting SLI, or the Ultra-D if you're not.
like 003 said, a 7800 GTX often outperforms 2 6800 Ultra's in SLI, plus you can get one in SLI later on.
I'm not planning on doing any customizing to this pc, so would the $40+ more for the DFI board be worth it? If so, please explain how. This will be my first build and I have absolutely no knowledge about what makes one mobo better than the next.

Still man... it's not something that should be done except for by the power user..

apokalipse said:
there really isn't much to stuff up, it's just a bit of pencil between 2 contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom