Ques: What kind of ram does my laptop need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drindahowse

Baseband Member
hi, i have this laptop:

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=319135&pfp=SEARCH

and i wanted to know what kind of ram i need for it, i want to get 2 512mb cards for it because thats what the guy at the computer store told me but i want to get them on ebay for cheaper but i dont know what to search for because im a little confused. what i got out of it, is that i need a "pc2700 ddr sdram" am i right? what do i need to search on ebay to get what i need. and one more question...since i need DDR ram that means i need to have 2 of the same size ram to get the best performance right? but do the 2 ram cards have to be the same brand? or can they be 2 different brands to work right. if you can help me out that would be great, THANKS!!!

Yes you need 2700 ddr ram
Yes for best performance they would have to be the same size modules
No, they don't have to be the same brand.

actually, you don't need PC2700 RAM, you can get higher, or lower, depending on what you can get it's HTT (communication speed between CPU and RAM) to. I'd recommend PC3200

although if you want to mix it with PC2700 RAM, you can either run the PC3200 stick at PC2700 (166*2) or see if your PC2700 stick can be overclocked to PC3200. you might need to alter the timings (latencies of the RAM. how long it takes to respond)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom