Next generation of graphics cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
The 7800GTX really should have been named the 6900 Ultra, because its not enough of an improvement to warrant a new number series.

C'mon now beed, GeForce 7 is a huge improvement on the GeForce 6 series, no-one can deny it. Just not so much compared to the transition nVidia made between the FX series and GeForce 6.

RedUK said:
Yeah I don't what to build it myself and they don't have some of those items in the PC builder section.

I also need a monitor :D So that was included in the price.

For £1,200.25 I can get:

Athlon 3800 64bit 939 Pin 512K Cache CPU Retail
K8N Neo4 Platinum Skt939 DDR PCI-E 16X ATX M/B
SX1040BII Black Server PC Case with 400 Watt PSU
Assembly/QC/Packaging for Aries PC System
Internal IDE Cable 40w/40w IDC 2 Drive
1GB PC3200 DDR 400MHz DIMM Memory
Caviar 40GB 8Mb Cache 7200RPM HDD OEM
Black CDRW/DVD Combi Drive 52x32x52x16x OEM
Black Bezel 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive 1.44MB
256MB nVidia Geforce 6800Ultra SLi PCI-E S-video
Black Multimedia PC Keyboard PS/2 with 17 Hotkeys
1yr On-Site Warranty for Aries PC
EnergyPro 17" CRT Black Monitor
EtherExpress Pro 100/F PCI Ethernet Card
Windows XP Home OEM Preload ARIES PCs
Works Suite 2005 OEM For Pc Use ONLY

Any good?
refer to the pm i just sent you.

DoomUK said:
C'mon now beed, GeForce 7 is a huge improvement on the GeForce 6 series, no-one can deny it. Just not so much compared to the transition nVidia made between the FX series and GeForce 6.

How are you liking your GeForce 7800 GTX? You know I REALLY do want one of those, but my mobo only supports AGP, and I have socket 754, so I would basically be looking at a whole new system just to upgrade my graphics card. I heard there are some major image quality improvements with the 7800 series...how is it?

beedubaya dont worry, I'm sure ATI will take advantage of Nivida's blunder when they release their next generation.

RedUK said:
Yeah I don't what to build it myself and they don't have some of those items in the PC builder section.

I also need a monitor :D So that was included in the price.

For �1,200.25 I can get:

Athlon 3800 64bit 939 Pin 512K Cache CPU Retail
K8N Neo4 Platinum Skt939 DDR PCI-E 16X ATX M/B
SX1040BII Black Server PC Case with 400 Watt PSU
Assembly/QC/Packaging for Aries PC System
Internal IDE Cable 40w/40w IDC 2 Drive
1GB PC3200 DDR 400MHz DIMM Memory
Caviar 40GB 8Mb Cache 7200RPM HDD OEM
Black CDRW/DVD Combi Drive 52x32x52x16x OEM
Black Bezel 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive 1.44MB
256MB nVidia Geforce 6800Ultra SLi PCI-E S-video
Black Multimedia PC Keyboard PS/2 with 17 Hotkeys
1yr On-Site Warranty for Aries PC
EnergyPro 17" CRT Black Monitor
EtherExpress Pro 100/F PCI Ethernet Card
Windows XP Home OEM Preload ARIES PCs
Works Suite 2005 OEM For Pc Use ONLY

Any good?
And WHERE are you getting this from?

beedubaya said:
How are you liking your GeForce 7800 GTX? You know I REALLY do want one of those, but my mobo only supports AGP, and I have socket 754, so I would basically be looking at a whole new system just to upgrade my graphics card. I heard there are some major image quality improvements with the 7800 series...how is it?

Magnificant performance increase over the 6800 GT (overall up to 1/3rd of the top of my head). Biggest boost I find is in (the) Doom 3 (engine), no question :cool:. The transparency and gamma-correct anti-aliasing features of the GPU are wonderfull to look at in games like HL2 (to the critical eye that is); essentially, smooth edges look even more realistic :p...

Oh, oh!: and her fan is quiter than the 6800 GT's, AND she draws less power (or so they say, haven't actually tested it myself personally)...

In a word, she kicks ass :)

Man... Those companies are always outdating their cards. I guess that this is too bad for me because of course, games are going to get better, and are going to require really kick ass video cards/setups. It's unfortunate that I can't spend $250 dollars on a new card every time there is a milestone in computer graphics or upgrade my computer (mobo, etc.). Hopefully these companies will make their high end cards somewhat more affordable. I've been computer gaming since the 80's, and just about every 3-5 years I have to update. I'm gonna be broke here. Oh well. I'm happy with what I've got (Geforce FX 5600Ultra), although that might be "out of date" :p It's almost time for yet another update.

How are they different?

Also would Kingston 3200 184-pin DDR work with a MSI Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom