Monitor Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Fear

Beta member
Hi everyone.

I have been using a 19" CRT monitor for over 3 years now. I know it's an old workhorse, but the display quality is still excellent.

For the past couple of weeks I had to nudge the bumps near the pins that go into the video card/cpu to adjust the monitor. Otherwise it would get red/blue tinted. Today things got worse and I had to do it every other minute. I am suspecting there is either something wrong with the SVGA cable/the bumps/ or more likely the pins itself. I tried to detach the SVGA cable from the monitor and buy a new one, but it seems like the cable is permanent.

I am very low on cash at the moment and do not want to resort to any heavy purchases. Now my questions are:

1. Is there any way to replace the pins or the cable if it is indeed a permanent SVGA cable?

2. If you've been in this situation before, do you reckon there's a chance to salvage this monitor?

3. Any other advice?

Thanks in advance.

nitestick said:
1. there is a way but probqably too annoying
2. theres always a way to salvage things its just a matter of how much money it will cost
3.check that the video card is installed properly

1. and what is it? If you don't mind me asking
2. I'll settle for anything under 50 bucks
3. Yes the video card is installed perfectly. I tested the monitor on 3 different CPUs

1. replace the plug and possibly a section of the cable, annoying because thats a lot of wires.
2. i don't know what is wrong i was just saying that there normally is a way to fix everything its just often cheaper to move on
3. it could be that the wires within the cable are damaged somewhere and when you held the cable it shifted them so that they were still joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom