PC Power Supply Stress Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm crazy....neat little boards that have places for the 20pin and 24pin main connector and just suck all that juice out

Anyone wanna make any friendly TF bets on which ones stand the test?

I'm betting the house on the PCP&P 510 & 850.
Antec will probably will be close...

# Coolermaster RealPower 550W
# Hiper Modular HPU 4B480MU
# Fortron Group (FSP) Zen
# HEC AcePower 480W
# Antec TruePower 550W
# Antec Phantom 500W Hybrid
# OCZ PowerStream
# PC Power & Cooling Express/SLI 510W
# PC Power & Cooling 850W SSI
# Enermax Noisetaker 600W

PCP&C will win, but between Antec and OCZ its gonna be tight. Ennermax will prolly come in after those. Everything else is crap

EDIT: LOL we sound like were discussing sports lol

Why are they not gona do silverstone? It's a really good brand! Read the reviews! It's kinda new so not as many people know of it, but I will say that mine is just as good if not better than the 520W OCZ modstream! It's also a bit pricy, and the actual PSU is very heavy, which is good (i think). Rock stable voltages even OC'd. from 2.2 to 2.7 with ram at DDR492 @ 3.3V !CPU at 1.525V.

I don't think the ModStream will perform very well under this stress test. Modular Power supplies are trendy and pretty cool looking, but they have a flaw.

The fact is, modular plugs limit power by adding to electrical resistance. The voltage drop can be as much as would occur in 2 feet of standard wire. Worse yet, modular plugs utilize delicate pins that can easily loosen, corrode, and burn, creating the potential for a major system failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom