2.2 GHz Celeron -D or Sempron 2200+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently read a comparison about those (actually Celeron-D 2GHz and Sempron 2000+) and the Sempron was faster in most tests.

The celeron D does not come in 2 GHZ. I think your talking abou the regular celeron. THe regular Celeron Was crap. A 3.0 GHZ regular celeron could be beaten by a 2.0 Pentium No problem. The celeron D processors start at 2.26 GHZ. Also, the sempron you were looking at was probably a k7 one that required a socket A motherboard. The k8 processors are def better than the k7 ones.

TheMajor said:
I recently read a comparison about those (actually Celeron-D 2GHz and Sempron 2000+) and the Sempron was faster in most tests.

Does not surprise me due to the way intel makes there chips cache have a bigger affect on performance then it does in amd cpus. Amd cpus better handle it when they have low cache.

Basically what a celron and sempron are is cpus made with very low cache.

Celeron D's are Pentium 4's with less cache. They are exactly the same. Sometimes P4's come off the production line with damaged cache so they make a Celeron out of it and disable some more cache if neccesay to meet te Celeron specs.

The celeron D is better than the celeron because it has twice the cache, and also an increased branch predictor. This will solve some of the cache problems, since the branch predictior will make it less nessacary for the cache for keep the pipelines filled.

TheMajor said:
Celeron D's are Pentium 4's with less cache. They are exactly the same. Sometimes P4's come off the production line with damaged cache so they make a Celeron out of it and disable some more cache if neccesay to meet te Celeron specs.

Yes, but the regular celerons are different from the Celeron D processors. The regular celerons are based on the northwood core, while the celeron D is based on the Prescott core. The Celeron D, the one based on the Prescott core does not go down to 2.0 GHZ.

Thanks again guys.
I think that the setup that Hacp provided is excellent and I will probably use it. However, is that case a good one? The reviews on Newegg say that it's kind of cheap. I mean the look is great, but do you think it's good enough?
Thank you.

cssadmin said:
Thanks again guys.
I think that the setup that Hacp provided is excellent and I will probably use it. However, is that case a good one? The reviews on Newegg say that it's kind of cheap. I mean the look is great, but do you think it's good enough?
Thank you.

The case is the last thing you should be worrying about. Its a half decent case for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom