In Runtime
System is A8N-SLI motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 4000+
2 GB PC3200 RAM
nVidia 6800 GT video
Logitech software updated keyboard
XPpro/SP2 fully updated

Have enabled "Hibernate" in "Power"

Cannot get (as I used to) panel asking what the keyboard "sleep" button should do. Consequently can only get "Standby"

Help!

HIBERNATE - This allows computer users to save the contents of their computer's memory to disk before shutting down the PC. When restarted, the contents are read back into RAM and the computer is brought back to the exact state it was in before hibernation was initiated. This is different from sleep mode, where the computer is not fully shut down.

Standby Mode
If your computer is running the Microsoft Windows operating system, standby mode turns off the display, stops the hard-disk drive, and turns off other internal devices so that the computer uses less battery power. When the computer resumes operation from standby mode, the desktop is restored exactly as it was before entering standby mode

Yes, I know all this. All I need to know, in my configuration, how to enable the sleep button on keyboard to Hibernate rather than Standby. In the days when I used Ti4600 and its software in "Power Options" I had a second panel which asked what to do with the "sleep" button on the keyboard, and one option was "Hibernate". This I cannot get anymore and need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom