¤ SPeeD BooST ¤´¨`·....·´¨`»

Status
Not open for further replies.

xX-PwNaGe-Xx

Solid State Member
I have a computer with a 1.0GHz Celeron processor. It's a slow piece of garbage. I want to play Warcraft III: TFT on it, but every time I do, it lags unbelievably. Some parts of the game run at about 0.5 FPS for about 10 minutes. But I do meet the minimum requirements. Heck, I meet the recommended requirements. But it still lags. What do I do? I cleaned it up alot. I defragged it with diskeeper, spysweeped it with Spysweeper, virus checked it with Norton Antivirus, and even deleted so many files that my disk usage went down to 48% (from 75%). But NOTHING is working. What do I do? I'm thinking about increasing my paging file to 1 gigabyte, because I'm not using it. Would that help at all?

Give me some ramboosting tips. I need 'em.:rolleyes:

Here you go:

Build: emachines T110
Processor: 1GHz Intel Celeron
RAM: 128MB SyncDRAM
Graphics: 3D AGP Graphics Intel Direct AGP
Hard Drive: 20GB UltraDMA/66

Anything else?

Make sure you have the latest drivers for you video card. You should be able to find them on Intel's site. Also, WinXp's minimum RAM requirement is 128MB. That basically leaves no RAM for your other programs, so an upgrade there is highly recommended.

It's your graphics card(on-board mobo graphis?)I'm not going to speculate on the Emachine thingy..some people hate them with a passion. What type of AGP port is on-board 2x,4x, 8x? If it will take a Nvidia 6600gt...then your lag (for the most part) will be history! Additonally, you could use more RAM. Your system not only slows down because of the GPU but you are running a slow Hard drive as well. Additionally, with so little RAM, your system is probably using the Page File(virtual memeory accessed on the HD)) and the video GPU is probably accessing the RAM which creates lag. If you want to do modern gaming you are going to have to "shell out" some cash for a better system!

We opened up the computer and tried to give it a Radeon 9600 video card, but the motherboard for this model doesn't support it. Would I have the same problem with the RAM? And how much would it cost for a good 256mb driver?

Do you have an AGP slot? If so what is it? download cpu-z or pcwizard to find out what agp slot you have. Also, what FSB does your celeron run at? if it runs at 100 or 133, you can upgrade to a pentium 3.

It appears to me that it is "get a new puter" time for you. It is not a very cost worthy enterprise to spend money on your "dinosauer".

If you don't have an AGP slot then you probably only have PCI slots. The best video card for PCI is Radeon 9250. I had a HP w/ Celeron 1.2Ghz and all it had was PCI slots so I got a 9200se. If I had known more then than I do now I would have gotten the 9250.

he said he couldnt put the 9600 in it so he dosne have an agp slot. get 512 meg of ram and share 128 of that to your onboard video, also get rid of SP2 and that will solve your prblem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom