Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paint - yes i would recommend that card over your ATI choice, also eVGA is a very good brand. You will not be dissapointed with the 6600GT.

I'm probobally going to get the 6600GT. It's got a nice price tag on it, and I've heard good things about it from people.

so with a 6600GT(128MB) 3.0 GHZ P4 and 1GB RAM, What settings/res should i be able to run CS:S and BF2 on smoothly?

Paint - thats the same card i use, the card is fantastic! Now that i said that it's probably best you go with Leadtek or eVGA because anyone else that posts after me is going to say the XFX make bad cards that are DOA in some cases. Don't believe the hype!! Do so research and Google XFX 6600GT and see what people on other computer fourms are saying. When XFX first released the 6600GT they had bad stock fans and had problems with being DOA. The second batch XFX made (with the newer fans, the one i have) i haven't heard people complain about at all.
Hope this helps

Heyyo,

Xfx does have a cool thing going with it, most boxes do come with 3 games, so that's a plus. Helps it justify the pricetag. The Evga agp version of the 6600gt seems to run good actually.. I might get it now.... but I am hella cheap right now since I have no job, so I will probably just settle onna 9800 pro. Btw, it's not total crap people. My last one was working just fine until I messed up with the thermal paste.. lol... anywho, just be careful, if ya get some on your hands, wash it off before continuing to work on your comp.. if you land some thermal paste onna chip.. the damage is unrepairable if you don't wipe it all off before using it. If you check benchmarks, the 9800 pro runs maybe 10-20F/S under the 6600gt. That's not too bad, but in gaming quality it is pretty sweet. But $60 cad for an extra 10-20F/S? I dunno, I can live without some higher graphic settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom