Whats so good abt firefox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fave extensions for FF:

DictionarySearch - highlight a word, right click it, and choose to look it up.

AdBlock - DUH!!!

Tabbrowser Preferences - enhances control over some aspects of tabbed browsing.

Disable Targets for Download - prevents download links from opening blank windows.

Image Zoom - take a guess...

CookieCuller - extended cookie manager, lets you protect the cookies you want and delete the rest with one click.

TinyURL Creator - trims down the address size for links.

Popups Must Die! - turns up the popup restrictions, in that you have to give a site permission to open up a window.

BBCodeXtra - puts all the cool BBCodes at your right click (all but the smilies).

Just click Tools, Extensions, Get More Extensions in Firefox, and check 'em out.

Well yeah no browser is 100% secure as someone already said, but at least FireFox ensures Better security than IE.

I like it but I'm also not blind. Firefox is getting too popular and soon hackers will exploit it. There is no safer OS the malicious group always targets the masses and with the masses moving to firefox we may be in trouble.

If hackers target firefox, All Mozilla browsers will be affected, All Fire Fox browsers will be affected, All Netscape browsers will be affected.

They all use the same rendering engine which makes it even a bigger risk when the popularity of fire fox catches their eyes.

GrimReaper23 said:
It actually takes longer to start up now is this normal for everyone?

Yeah, I've known people to abandon Firefox for that very reason. When I first had Firefox, I had this problem so I went b ack to IE. Now the slow load with FF is minor, I can live with it.

They were suppose to fix that in build 1.0.4 but apparently they didnt.

Tyler1989 said:
I like it but I'm also not blind. Firefox is getting too popular and soon hackers will exploit it. There is no safer OS the malicious group always targets the masses and with the masses moving to firefox we may be in trouble.

If hackers target firefox, All Mozilla browsers will be affected, All Fire Fox browsers will be affected, All Netscape browsers will be affected.

They all use the same rendering engine which makes it even a bigger risk when the popularity of fire fox catches their eyes.

I dont really see that happening too much. People hack the hell out of IE becuase it is MS, and everyone hates MS. Firefox is like the Linux of browsers, and people really dont do much malicious things to Linux, AFAIK. Hackers target big companies and monopolies and things that make money and destroy the public trust. Firefox is free, so why destrtoy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom