DOS help please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goatsmilk87

Beta member
I have attatched the picture of what my dos looks like when I try to enter command. it is longer than this but i had to shorten it due to size allowances. It types a normal font but not in a line-by-line way, just letters typed in random places. But besides that fact, it is impossible to type w/o an error or illegal operation message. Can't even try to figure out what's wrong with it because it will eventually freeze. Any ideas?

Attachments

• problem.bmp
    42.1 KB · Views: 31
Is that dos or ms dos prompt? (I'm guessing ms dos prompt because you are getting illegal op messages)

In that case, I would do a windows repair. If that doesn't fix it, format and start from scratch.

i wish to rid of it without formatting because im sick of using that as a universal solution, it wipes out everything i took so long to download. its an xp

goatsmilk87 said:
i wish to rid of it without formatting because im sick of using that as a universal solution, it wipes out everything i took so long to download. its an xp

partition your harddrive, keep user files in drives like D, and keep ONLY your system files in C... that way, next time you reinstall, you'd have a easier time to back up and running :D

and also ghosting will help, google Norton Ghost :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom