Ram Heatsinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzi9mm

Fully Optimized
I want to get a pair of ram heatspreaders. And I have stickers on my ram. The stickers that say what speed and type the ram is. Do I take those off if I want to put an adhesive type spreader on?

i dont think you have to cause that might void the warranty either way man i didnt and it didnt burn yet.

It will void the warranty, but I am sure you've noticed that when you b uy the RAM with heatspreaders on them, the sticker comes on the outside of the stick, but that's also so you can see it. :)

Technically it voids the warrenty, HOWEVER....I took the sticker off when I put a heatspreader on my kingston valueRAM way back when and put the sticker on the heatspreader itself.....my stick of RAM then died and I had to RMA it, and I wrote a little note in the box of RAM that I removed the sticker because I put a heatspreader on it...basically sounded like I was a sad little child and that I hope they wouldn't void my warrenty because of that and they replaced the RAM no probs...so I don't know how many places would actually screw you just for removing the sticker.

You should just get RAMsinks though, much more efficient than heatspreaders...however in both instances it's the thermal tape that really makes them horribly inefficient...thermal epoxy would be better but of course more permanent :p

I don't know how well it works on system memory but on graphic cards memory it's very common to dab a little AS5 in the center and use super glue on the edges to get them to stick....it holds quite well and is still removable

thats what i did to mine as well cause i cant stand thermal tape. workx great on any heatsink really (NOT THE CPU!!! lol) i even did my southbridge just for the hell of it.

I would personly, but watch out! You can void your warranty by doing so!

TMT. :cool:

I would personly, but watch out! You can voice your warranty by doing so!

TMT. :cool:

Ok thanks for the advice. At this time I think I will not go with any spreaders or heatsinks.

I did a benchmark and I opened my case up, the modules on the ram did not even feel warm at all. So I think having spreaders on them is a waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom