Missing operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an idea! How about sending the pictures (I got a digital camera and tooka picture already) of the screen (blue one described in my first posting) by e-mail to anybody who would like to help me and see if you know what to select from there. The bootable CD that I'm using (windows ME) was given to me by the original owner and he created that CD especially for this computer that I'm trying to fix (he knows a lot about computers, but unfortunately I cannot contact him!). You can send me an e-mail to soyescobar@hotmail.com if any of you would like to take a look. Let me know here if you sent me an e-mail.

Picture0001 appears when I turn on the computer with the bootable CD inside. That choice was already selected so I didn't do anything. That screen dissapears and the blue one appears (pic0005).

Hello,
I just wanted to keep you updated of what happened with the problem that I had. It turned out that on some old IBMs, the Recovery works only if the hard drive partition is Fat16. Previously Windows 2000 was installed in the computer, so I'm not sure if FAT32 was the drive's partition or NTFS. So, I used Fdisk to delete all the existing partitions and recreate a primary Fat16 partition to allow the Recovery CD to work.
Now, the computer works, I was able to use the Recovery CD, but I have a doubt, and it goes like this: I created a 2GB primary partition (FAT16) in order for the Recovery CD to work, and now that the computer is working I checked in the system information and I see that the HDD is only 2GB, and now there are only 291MB unused, but I know that the computer has a 20GB HDD (I should be able to see the whole thing, right?). Did I do something wrong with the partitions?
Thanks a lot for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom