can,t get 2 xboxs to work on live at same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

soul

Beta member
I have DSL and want to hook up both of my xboxs up so I can play seperate games or same games but different parties. I have a D-link router that is xbox live compatible but I can,t get both to work at same time. One will kick the other off and if you log in it will effect the other xbox. I can get both on xbox live but can't play both at same time. :( Has someone had the same problem and fixed it or know what to do. I've called all places from D-Link to xbox to my own phone company and they all say different things and I've tried them but still doesn't work.

you need 2 ip addys.

Your router uses one IP address to connect to xbox live. The minute XBL it sees 2 boxes with the same ip, the last one to connect stays but the first gets booted.

Ask your ISP about this, I'm almost sure that is the problem. Some ISP's will give you a second IP for free, others charge. I would call Microsoft to confirm this as well.

I had to running at the same time. They had two different acounts and they were connected to a Linksys router through wire. (wireless doesn't work well).

How fast is the upstream?

I have five different accounts. I know thats not the problem.

I talked to i believe it was d-link and they said i needed a second IP address and gave me one, that didn't work I'll double check with my ISP on that and see if that will work.

My speed is 3megs down and 1meg up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom